Copyright and Archive
1. OA Policy: Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Medical Science) is an open access journal. Once published, all articles will be immediately and permanently available for readers to read and download free of charge. For more information, please refer to the Open Access Policy page on this website.
2. Copyright: Authors agree to transfer the article copyright free of charge to the editorial office of the journal and Shanghai Jiao Tong University. The editorial office and the university have the copyright for part or all of the content of the submitted manuscript, including but not limited to, compilation, issuing, reproduction, translation and internet distribution. Authors keep the personal rights of the article copyright and have right to spread or make use of their article under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 License. The editorial office and the university have the right to license the indexation by any literature retrieval systems, networks or databases. The editorial office and the university also have the right to publish and use this article through various media and or in any other language. All authors must sign the Copyright Transfer and Authors Contribution Form and provide it along with the manuscript.
3. Retrieve and Download: The full text of all published articles could be retrieved and downloaded from the official website of the journal. In addition, the articles have also been indexed by the databases mentioned in “About Journal”. The full text can also be downloaded through the third party platforms such as CNKI, WANGFANG DATA, Weipu and Chaoxing Library.
4. Archive: Since July 2009, all journal articles have been digitally archived and can be searched and downloaded from the journal website. In order to ensure data security, all information has also been backed up in the editorial office. Before June 2009, the printing copy of each issue of the journal had been kept in the editorial office for archiving. If the journal and the website were closed, archiving data could be retrieved through third party full-text databases such as CNKI, WANGFANG DATA, Weipu and Chaoxing Library.
5. Data Sharing: The authors are encouraged to publish or share their research data whenever appropriate. Data sharing is helpful for experiment repeating and data reuse. The data for sharing may include original data, observation records, experimental results, etc. The journal also encourages the sharing of software, code, models, algorithms, protocols, methods and other useful materials. The authors can upload the materials above to an accessible third-party repository and make a proper citation or add a link at the end of the article.